Ms.A's History and Social Studies Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11

+2
romangutierrez
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11

Post  Admin Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:57 pm

1. In one paragraph, put yourself in the position of an African American who is being accused of a crime but does not have a chance of a trial. What will happen to you? Who takes the law into their own hands?
2. In one paragraph, put yourself in the position of a women who is slowly gaining her rights. What job would you take and why?
SORRY GUYS, YOU HAVE TO BE A WOMAN AND A BLACK PERSON...HAHAHHA

Admin
Admin

https://msamelingmeier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty First

Post  romangutierrez Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:04 pm

1. I am aware that there is much resentment against me in this town. In the whole area I am practically the only African American with a successful business. I'm writing this right now because I made a mistake that might cost me my life. Recently, my neighbor was lynched, you see, he is also African American, and he had an argument with a white man from the neighborhood. I stood up for my neighbor against the same man that got him lynched. Now there's nothing I can do, I don't know if he will accuse me of something I haven't done, but i wouldn't be surprised, the whites take the law as if it were their owns and decide whatever they want.

2. OMG!!! I'm a chick and I LOVE buying shoes!!!
I am tired of seeing women, such as me, working like animals, doing jobs that men do, and getting paid much less than men. I am tired of paying taxes for the government when I don't have voice in it. Slowly we will rise and we will be equal. For now, we climb our way up the social ladder being phone operators, waitresses, or, like me, secretaries.

BTW I should get extra points because I'm first.
Sincerely,
Roman

romangutierrez

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty haha, yes, you should get extra credit!

Post  Admin Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:42 pm

romangutierrez wrote:1. I am aware that there is much resentment against me in this town. In the whole area I am practically the only African American with a successful business. I'm writing this right now because I made a mistake that might cost me my life. Recently, my neighbor was lynched, you see, he is also African American, and he had an argument with a white man from the neighborhood. I stood up for my neighbor against the same man that got him lynched. Now there's nothing I can do, I don't know if he will accuse me of something I haven't done, but i wouldn't be surprised, the whites take the law as if it were their owns and decide whatever they want.

2. OMG!!! I'm a chick and I LOVE buying shoes!!!
I am tired of seeing women, such as me, working like animals, doing jobs that men do, and getting paid much less than men. I am tired of paying taxes for the government when I don't have voice in it. Slowly we will rise and we will be equal. For now, we climb our way up the social ladder being phone operators, waitresses, or, like me, secretaries.

BTW I should get extra points because I'm first.
Sincerely,
Roman
Smile Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty lynching/womens rights

Post  Raelyn.J Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Honestly, I don't know what is wrong with everyone. Yeah, I know I'm different in race, but I am good at heart. I walk past a fruit stand and the owner accused me of stealing. I dont like when the people of this town accuse me of things because many of my friends have been killed without the chance to plead inoccents. God, help me stay strong, true, and pure.

Dear diary,
Today was a better day; I am starting to see more respect from my co-workers now. Being new the the waitress job i need to learn, and remeber so much. Most of my customers are understanding that i am new and have patcients, witch helps me get through my day. I get few breaks and paid a low weage, but I can see as I get better it will be more enjoyable for me. I am glad i finally can get a paying job so i can support my children, these rising rights will do good for everyone!

Raelyn.J

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty Nice, NIce!!

Post  Admin Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:40 pm

both raelyn and roman have really good paragraphs! Congrats!
I'm proud of you both!
Ms. A

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty African American and women rights!!!!

Post  Ana Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:56 am

1) pale I know that my life is over now!! Why did it need to be like this? What did I do? Yes, I am black, and what? Should I be invisible now? I just asked a white person to move a little bit, because I was in uncomfortable position and now.....I know I am to die. I don't care any more, I worrying about my kids. How are they going to survive without their mom. This world is foll of discrimination. Who will teach them how to live. I can hear how the white person telling to the police that I smacked him and tried to kill....way!!!!! They are coming for me. By!
P.S ( I know that situation is over dramatic, but that how ridiculous racism seems to me)
2) Evil or Very Mad New day of my new life. I am not depending on stupid man anymore. I can try to live my own life. Everything seems different for me now. I can feel airs smell and can be happy about new springs which are coming. It's going to be hard. I need to work and study in the same time. First I will work as a secretary, but I will get educations, so later I would be able to get batter profession. No more chain on my hands. I am saying hit to the world where I am free to chose what I want!!!!

LOV U MISS A

Ana

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty African Americans & womens rights

Post  janetmartins Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:55 pm

1) I was strolling past a market place, when all of a sudden I heard the whistles of a police. They caught me and dragged me into a line with 5 white men, also caught. ''Which one took the bag?'' Asked the police officer from a man who owned a small bag market nearby. The man had been robbed by someone, and we were the suspects. ''The black one.'' He answered so confidently I was shocked Shocked . I was not even near the crime when it happened, and the white man next to me chuckled like it was him tongue . I demanded for my rights, a true trial even, but my words were nothing against a white ''educated'' person Crying or Very sad .

2) Going to work is more like going to get judged everyday. The fact that I'm a woman, makes everything so much harder. I sell products against other competing companies, or atleast try to. People see me, a woman, and then they see a man. Who will they go to? The man because he is more ''efficient'' with things like this. I'm underestimated, critized, and looked down on for wanting to work and being good at what I do. Cool

janetmartins

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty yeah :)

Post  yanik akrabov Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:59 pm

1) One day i came back from my cousines house, and as i was walking by a candy stand Smile i was rapidly accused for steeling something just because im black. Police men chased me, and caught me. My laws were taken by a white folk, who told me that im a lynched man.

2)Well as the world kept evolving and new rights were created, us women were tthe main reason why this happened. I was allowed to work outside of home. So i decided to apply for a secretari job. they payed enough for me and my child. this was one of the main reasons i applied for this job.

yanik akrabov

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty hmmmm

Post  Admin Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:03 pm

yanik, this is a mediocre job. I know you can do MUCH better!
Ms. A

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty My side of the Story :D !

Post  Dana Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:56 pm

While being on the market looking at some apples for my child, a white man came up to me and acused me of trying to steal it. At first I thought he was talking to the woman standing next to me confused , but then I realized she was white Shocked . I didnt even get the chance to explain them that I was only looking at them to see which one I would choose to buy and tried to give them the money for it... but they were already beating me to the police officer Mad . Now Im in my cell waiting to get lynched, wondering what my poor baby is doing while shes waiting for me to get home with her apple Sad !
Today, while I was at work, someone threw a pen at my head... first I thought it was an accident, but then I saw my boss screaming at me and telling me how stupid I am and that a man would do it 10 times better. Im sick and tired of being ''less'' then a man just for being a woman... Yesterday, I had to laugh, my best friend had an argument with her husband about math, she got everything correct, since shes able to study already, but obviously her husband didnt accept that; she wants the divorce, but shes too scared of being worth nothing in society anymore. Now Im just hoping that this job brings me enough money so I can start planning my future and study to be able to get a better job and proof men that we are all equal.

Dana

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty Re: Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11

Post  carolin Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:07 pm

1. One day i was working in the bright hot sun. Working under the steaming sun was exhausting. All of a sudden i heard a cry and lifted my head. I saw my son getting yelled at by a white man. I yelled at the white man for pushing around, and beating my son after yelling at him. The white man looked at me confused and asked "is there a problem?" Obviously, there was. Family always comes first, i threw a punch to the man's face for beating my son. I got sent away by the security, leaving my son alone and possibly danger. I know the mistake I have made, and I would take it back. The court refused to let me go free, so now i'm stuck. I have no where left to go.
2. Boys are like purses: cute, full of CRAP, and can always be replaced. Eventually, I hope, that we will be able to do all the same things as men. What do they have that we don't? We can do anything that they can, maybe even better! Razz I'm working as a secretary right now, and it's going fine. But why do i get a lower pay than men? That isn't fair! We have to speak for what is on our minds! Soon we will get what we desire. Very Happy

carolin

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty forum

Post  Yashira Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:58 pm

1) during my whole life i have always been put down , just for my skin color , i dont earn enough money to support my family so i had to steal some bread so my kids could eat something before goin to bed , but for my bad luck ive been caught , now i have no rights to demand a trial and i am being accused with no consideration i am being judge for a simple crime , which is survival , man vs nature or man vs man why cant we help each other and be fair , why am i being judge for my skin color ? didnt god made us all equal ? now i am walking to the end , to the end of my hopes and dreams ....... that will be burried with me .
2) ive been dreamin with these my whole life , the desire of succes , the desire to be equal .... now every thing has changed we woman are no longer chained to the house ... we slowly are raising up .. finally we have been taken serious . now i can work , i can earn my own money , i can be independant , no more man to tell me what i need to do i am grown up , even though not everything is achieved we can all hope for a better tomorrow .

Yashira

Back to top Go down

Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11 Empty Re: Lynching/Women's rights Grade 11

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down