Ms.A's History and Social Studies Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography

+3
Offek
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography Empty Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography

Post  Admin Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 pm

The mild climate of Japan, a country surrounded by water, contrasts with the dry climate of China's northern interior, where temperatures range from very hot to very cold. Much of the plant life in East Asia is strong enough to stand seasonal differences in temperature and rainfall.

What does the above paragraph make you think about? How is the climate, vegetation and temperature different from that of your native country? Write 1 paragraph explaining your answer.

Admin
Admin

https://msamelingmeier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography Empty Think

Post  Surfahol Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:25 am

The climate there is cooler than in Japan. The D.R. grows different crops as well Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Wink I love you Suspect cyclops @ Like a Star @ heaven No What a Face Question Twisted Evil Razz Shocked Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised clown pale silent tongue pirat affraid santa cherry farao king sunny cheers confused bounce cat rendeer albino cherry drunken Basketball rabbit alien cat pirat

Surfahol

Back to top Go down

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography Empty Climates of East Asia vs. My native country

Post  Offek Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:32 am

The above paragraph makes me think of the climate in between Japan and China. Imagine what happens when 2 opposite climates crush into each other.. Will ther be a new climate...? what will it form. lol! Reading this paragraph above made me think that even though Japan and China are very similar and close, their climates are completely different. It doesn't surprise me because I'm already used to it. In my native country, Israel, There are more than 4 climates in such a small country. Amazing! Both places (Israel, and Japan and China) both can grow different vegetation that relate to the climate. In China they grow wheat which can grow well in arid regions, and Japan grows rice!
elephant geek jocolor queen king farao afro Basketball sunny Arrow tongue pirat Very Happy Razz bounce rabbit affraid cyclops Like a Star @ heaven pale cherry albino santa drunken flower

Offek

Back to top Go down

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography Empty Climate differences

Post  123 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:39 am

In the D.R. we have a humid climate and is very different fron Japan and China. And if we ever had China's climate I don't think we could survive because this countrie is not prepare for snow or any of that. The same with Japand, we don't have anything to resist the coldness and if we ever had any of those climates we will all die.

Back to top Go down

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography Empty Grade 8 East Asia :)

Post  Julieta Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:40 am

What a Face The climate of the Dominican Republic is mostly tropical. January and February are the coldest months of the year, while August is the hottest month. Some snowflakes can fall in rare accasions on th top of the Pico Duarte. At higher elevations, the temperature averages 18 C( 64 F) while near the sea level the average temperature is 28 C (82 F). Low temperature of 0 C(32 F) are possible in protected valleys. The Domincan Republic has mountain forest of pines and hardwoods. afro Like a Star @ heaven I love you No Shocked flower elephant geek scratch study farao santa cherry albino Sleep sunny drunken cheers confused pig rabbit lol!
By : Julia Mertes...

Julieta

Back to top Go down

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography Empty How is the climate, vegetation and temperature different from that of your native country?

Post  marielita Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:41 am

In the D.R we have a very hot climate. It's always hot and never cold. It's very diferent from China and Japan. Our climate is more humid than anything else. Our country is not ready for snow. People here are not used to it, so it must be dangerous if from all the suden it starts to snow. Vegetation here is really good. Everything is green. lol! Like a Star @ heaven afro rendeer

marielita

Back to top Go down

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography Empty Climate Differences (:

Post  chiara Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Reading this i think about the climate in other places and relating them to how each climate affects each nation. In China's interior the climate ranges from very hot to very cold. Here, in the Dominican Republic, we range from really hot to normal, chilly hot! As a yearly thing, we dont get lower tha 20 degrees, but since global warming is happening... we have different temperatures... not stable climates, but we can say that we have a hot ttropical climate! Smile With this climate we grow the crops we can... like rice, beans, tomatoes... etc. Smile

chiara

Back to top Go down

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography Empty 'Endless Summer' Dominican Republic

Post  jorio Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Dominican Republic is very different from Japan. They tend to call the island the endless summer due to the warm weather.The average weather is around 77℉. Cool weather runs from November to April but its still not "cold". The vegetation is mostly going all year round also. The land is fertile here. Very Happy

jorio

Back to top Go down

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography Empty Dominican Republic's climate compare to Japans cllimate.

Post  kknoff Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:04 pm

In Dominican Republic the climate is very hot and humid so not much vegetation can grow here. We have sugar cane and tropical fruits but no blue berries and raspberries because we don't have to cold for those. japan and
Dominican Republic are very different in climates, japan has snow, in the D.R. we don't. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Suspect What a Face What a Face What a Face Basketball Basketball bounce bounce bounce pale pale alien alien alien cat cat clown clown cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops

kknoff

Back to top Go down

Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography Empty Re: Grade 8-East Asia: Physical Geography

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down