Ms.A's History and Social Studies Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grade 7 Western Hemisphere

+5
Jodie
jeremy mendez
Ana09Martinez
mariaelena3709
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Grade 7 Western Hemisphere Empty Grade 7 Western Hemisphere

Post  Admin Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:52 pm

According to Chapter 8, section 3 we notice that Canada and the U.S. is being compared greatly. One word they use is "Melting Pot". Answer each question in a complete sentence.
1. What does the word "Melting Pot" mean in this section?
2. What word is used to describe Canada?
3. Why is the U.S. considered a "Melting Pot"?
4. What word would you use for yourself living in the DR and why? (Melting Pot or Salad Bowl?).
5. What is the Main Idea in Section 3 of Chapter 8?

Admin
Admin

https://msamelingmeier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grade 7 Western Hemisphere Empty Melting Pot

Post  mariaelena3709 Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Melting pot. It's a weird word isn't it??? It is the word used to describe the united States and Canada. The economy of the U. S. and Canada are pretty much the same, except that right now the U. S. is going through a rough time.

1) The word Melting Pot means that the economy is getting better, and better.
2) Melting Pot is the word used to describe Canada.
3) The U. S. is considered a Melting Pot because the economy there is rising.
4) Salad Bowl is the word i would use to describe the Dominican Republic because the economy is rising, but not very fast so to me it seems like we keep sliding down a salad bowl.
5) The main idea of section 3 chapter 8 is to show the cultures and the economies of the United States and Canada.

mariaelena3709

Back to top Go down

Grade 7 Western Hemisphere Empty Chapter 8, Section 3

Post  Ana09Martinez Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:58 pm

1- Melting pot means joining together, and getting better and better.
2- A word that describes Canada is melting pot because it´s economy is high.
3- The U.S is considered a Melting pot because it´s economy level is rising day by day.
4- I would consider the D.R a Salad Bowl. This is because, the D.R´s economy is rising, just not very fast.
5- The main idea is to show the different types of cultures that Canada and the U.S have.

Ana09Martinez

Back to top Go down

Grade 7 Western Hemisphere Empty social studies

Post  alexgall Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:39 pm

1-Melting pot is an analogy for the way , in which homogenous soceties develop, in which the cultures. the religion and the races, are mixed into a multi-ethnic group.
2-To describe the Canada I use melting pot, because there was a mix of different cultures.
3-Because in the U.S are combined cultures, races and religion. Even if the immigrants are of different country they keep their life with their habits, but they feel as Americans.
4-I think that the Dominican Republic is a " salad bowl", because there are a lot of cultures that aren't combined. I think that in ten years will be a melting pot. Besides the economy in D.R. is growing, but slowly.
5-The idea want rapresent the names of ancient groups of America and Canada their economy and their culture.

alexgall

Back to top Go down

Grade 7 Western Hemisphere Empty Re: Grade 7 Western Hemisphere

Post  jeremy mendez Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:58 pm

1- Melting Mot kind of shows the way canada is getting more advanced/better.
2- The word melting pot is a funny word but it defines canada in a way.
3- The United States can be called a melting pot because they are also getting better and richer.
4- I say the D.R is like a can of beans because your trying to get out and improving slowly but your economy still stinks! lol!
5- The chapter is pretty much explaining how the economy works and how its being used in the U.S and Canada

jeremy mendez

Back to top Go down

Post  Jodie Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:47 pm

1.) Melting Pot means when the US makes anyone of any religion follow their own religion, and their language.
2.) Canada is called Salad Bowl.
3.) Because if you go to the borther and dont speak English you dont get in.
4.) I think Salad Bowl because I got in and I didnt speak English or Spanish in the beggining.
5.) To shoh how Usa dealed with other cultures and Canda also. And compored the countries, and the two ways.

Love ya tongue

Jodie

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia13Dehner Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:10 pm

jeremy mendez wrote:1- Melting Mot kind of shows the way canada is getting more advanced/better.
2- The word melting pot is a funny word but it defines canada in a way.
3- The United States can be called a melting pot because they are also getting better and richer.
4- I say the D.R is like a can of beans because your trying to get out and improving slowly but your economy still stinks! lol!
5- The chapter is pretty much explaining how the economy works and how its being used in the U.S and Canada

Antonia13Dehner

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia13Dehner Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:41 pm

javascript:emoticonp('Arrow')
1- Melting Pot shows the way Canada is getting better in the way it is.
2- The word melting pot means when lots of cultures come together and make one.
3- The United States can be called a melting pot because its getting different cultures.
4- The D.R. is really slow in improving.
5- The chapter is explaining how the culture and the economy goes and how the united states and canada are getting more population.

javascript:emoticonp('What a Face')

Antonia13Dehner

Back to top Go down

Grade 7 Western Hemisphere Empty Western Hemisphere

Post  PJ Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:00 pm

1. Melting pot means where everyone is one culture. Very Happy

2. Lots of people use mosaic but say "a salad bowl".

3. The U.S. is called a melting pot because the immigrants want to be one culture. Exclamation

4. I would call my self a salad bowl because their are lots of tourists and nobody wants to be one culture. Arrow

5. The main idea of chapter 8 sec. 3 is about the Inuits coming to Canada and how they impress them with sports, singing and hockey.

PJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Ana09Martinez Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:20 pm

1. Melting pot means a country in which many cultures blend together to form a single culture.
2. A word that is used to describe Canada is a Mosaic, because it is a blend of many cultures.
3. The U.S. is considered a melting pot because it is one country and it has many cultures, but all those cultures form together to form only one culture.
4. I would describe the D.R by saying that it isn´t a melting pot. It is many people who share the same language and cultures, so I would say it is more of an ethnic group.
5. The main idea of section 3 is to show how the United States and Canada differ and how they are alike. The cultures of both the U.S and Canada. Smile

Ana09Martinez

Back to top Go down

Grade 7 Western Hemisphere Empty Canada and U.S

Post  kiko Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 pm

1) Melting pot is a place where immigrants of different cultures mix their cultures.
2) The word to describe Canada is Melting pot because of the two official languages.
3) The United States is considered a Melting pot because of so much immigrants share their cultures.
4) I think its a salad bowl because i think the economy is rising and their is no mix of other cultures.
5) The main idea of section 3 chapter 8 is the cultures and how they diverse from United States and Canada.

kiko

Back to top Go down

Grade 7 Western Hemisphere Empty The usa and canada cultures

Post  sammy Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:51 pm

1}melting pot is a variety of cultures mixed together.

2}canada is dscribed as a melting pot country because there is alot of people from diffrent diffrent country's.

3}the usa is considered as a melting pot country because there is alot of country's that immigrate from other country's. lol!

4}salad bowl because the DR has really hard live so people don't want to immigrate. afro

5}the main idea about chapter 8 section 3 is all about cultures. Sleep

sammy

Back to top Go down

Grade 7 Western Hemisphere Empty Homework

Post  Brandon Tietz Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:42 pm

1. In this section, "Melting Pot" is a country in which all cultures blend together to form a single culture.
2. A word that would use be to describe Canada is Melting Pot.
3. The United States considers itself a Melting Pot be cause of the economy and as it rises.
4. I would use the word Salad Bowl to describe the Dominican Republic because in the DR the economy is rising.
5. The main idea of this chapter is to show the types of cultures that Canada and the US share.

Brandon Tietz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down