Ms.A's History and Social Studies Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRADE 11-ON THE MOVE-Chapter 8

3 posters

Go down

GRADE 11-ON THE MOVE-Chapter 8 Empty GRADE 11-ON THE MOVE-Chapter 8

Post  Admin Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:19 am

Very Happy People were always on the move in chapter 8. Think about where they went to and why. In two paragraphs (Sina said to make it two paragraphs), put yourself in the shoes of a pioneer. Explain who was with you, where you were going and why you were on the move. Also describe your environment and what you see around you. This assignment is due on Tuesday. The topic will be closed Tuesday at 6:00pm.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:23 am; edited 3 times in total

Admin
Admin

https://msamelingmeier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GRADE 11-ON THE MOVE-Chapter 8 Empty Re: GRADE 11-ON THE MOVE-Chapter 8

Post  yanik akrabov Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Well during that time many immigrants arrived to the states for many different reasons. Some immigrants wanted to become pioneers and travel with friends.
I decided to become a pioneer and I traveled with my friends Jeffrey and Roman. We traveled to the west in search of freedom and liberty. We were also in search of better jobs and lifestyle.
When we were on our way to the left we would have to find a place to stay and find a way to travel, but unfortunately sometimes we couldn't find places to stay and money to travel so we would just stay outside sleep in sleeping bags, wake up early and run to catch the train and try to get in a carriage without anyone finding out.
The environment wasn't always very possitive, sometimes we were surrounded by trouble and it wasn't pretty.
When we finally got to the south we needed some time and we also were in search of a new home/ work for us and our families.

yanik akrabov

Back to top Go down

GRADE 11-ON THE MOVE-Chapter 8 Empty on the move

Post  Raelyn.J Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Mom and dad came into the house after a long day of work and they told my sister and i that we will no longer live in the country side. that we will leave behind the vast yellow grass. they say they dont make enough money so we need to move to the city. i love the cows, the sun, and the calmness of the farm. i don't understand why mom and dad need money, we have everything we need here.
Mom packed our things and dad put them into our buggy. We settled in for the long way, and off we went. our farm house got smaller and smaller the further we went and the sky got greyer and greyer the closer we got to the city. I miss the hues of blue in the sky already, but this is going to be my new home now. A concriet jungle; this is a whole new begining now. farao

Raelyn.J

Back to top Go down

GRADE 11-ON THE MOVE-Chapter 8 Empty Us history-11th grade

Post  by Ana Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:29 pm

Every time I look back I feel that my new life is more complicated that it have been before. Even sky above me is different now. Two years ago my mam and dad, my little sister and I were living in a house surrounded by rivers. I thought that was a good life, but my dad sad that everybody moving so we should do it to. So, we packed our bags and moved to a new city.
Now I am sixteen and couple of years which I spend in this place didn't make my life better. We went here to find good jobs and education and instead of this we needed to work so hard for a little peace of bred. My little sister couldn't go to school because we don't have money. She is staying all day long in the house alone. My parents and I going to work everyday. The name pioneer is my second name now. I can't get read of it. I just can't understand, we tried to find a better life here and instead of it we got big city where you need to spend all your life. Mad

by Ana

Back to top Go down

GRADE 11-ON THE MOVE-Chapter 8 Empty here u go

Post  romangutierrez Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Ok so Ms. A, i actually remembered this right now, and im taking my time i could be sleeping to do this, i believe u should feel honored. Here it is:
I was scared, very scared, but regardless of that, there was still something pulling me towards this side of the country. The excitement of even a remote possibility of a better life, was engraved in my mind. It was the fuel that led us to the unknown, to the unexplored.

Once we got there we found out there is no perfect place to live, there is always some disadvantages. We ended up going to the cities, due to the lack of food we ran into while exploring the country. I miss my old life, but we have had our advantages, at least we don't starve. Oh well, it's too late to go back now...
lol! afro rendeer albino sunny pig alien

romangutierrez

Back to top Go down

GRADE 11-ON THE MOVE-Chapter 8 Empty Re: GRADE 11-ON THE MOVE-Chapter 8

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down