Ms.A's History and Social Studies Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The African continent is amazing! Grade 8

3 posters

Go down

The African continent is amazing! Grade 8 Empty Ethiopia

Post  jorio Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Ethiopia, because it was the last country to be independent. Ethiopia is a country with a lot of diversity with mountains, high plateaus, deep gorges, river valleys, and lowland plains. The altitude ranges from 4620 meters above sea level to 120 meters below sea level : Danakil Depression, and this is one of the lowest and driest points on the earth.Ethiopia has a diverse mix of ethnic and linguistic backgrounds. It is a country with more than 80 different ethnic groups each with its own language, culture, custom and tradition.The Ethiopian national dish is called wat. A large number of religions are traditionally practiced in Ethiopia, the most numerous today being Christianity, and Islam. Traditional beliefs, usually categorized as Animism, decrease the number of followers.

jorio

Back to top Go down

The African continent is amazing! Grade 8 Empty The Ramadan Festival

Post  chiara.casoni Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Egypt is famous for many of its festivals and religious carnivals, also known as mulid. Its fesitvals are usually related to their religion or creed. I will be talking about the Ramadan festival which is filled with music and much more.

"The holiness of this month comes from the fact that it hallmarked the day when the Holy Spirit started the transmission of God’s message to prophet Mohammad, 14 centuries ago." Ramadan is a festival celebrated with music and lights(local lanters also known as fawanees), to light up the evening. Muslim tourists from the reagion flock to egypt for the beautiful spectacle. The Ramadan festival can fall in summer or perhaps in winter, its lasts twenty or thirty days.

This relates to how tourist come to the region that Egypt is located to see a festival celebrated every year. The lights and the music give a sense of happiness in the celebration. Perhaps one day I will be able to experience the music and fawanees.

chiara.casoni

Back to top Go down

The African continent is amazing! Grade 8 Empty Africa..

Post  Julita.89 Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Africa is the worlds second- largest and second most populous continent, after Asia. Africa has a very interesting climate and I will tell you alittle bit about it. The climate of Africa ranges from tropical to subarctic on its highest peaks. As many of you know the climate is different in every place.

Africa may be divided into six general climatic regions. Areas near the equator and on the windward shores of SE Madagascar have a tropical rain forest climate, with heavy rain and high temperatures throughout the year. North and south of the rain forest are belts of tropical savanna climate, with high temperatures all year and a seasonal distribution of rain during the summer season. The savanna grades poleward in both hemispheres into a region of semiarid steppe (with limited summer rain) and then into the arid conditions of the extensive Sahara (north) and the Kalahari (south).

Wow Africa is alot like the Dominican Republic, its hott!! I wish I could go to Africa and explore more of it and learn everything of it. I am kinda use to the climate because its alot like where I live. Its very nice how there is alot of river and lakes in Africa too, where you could go on a weekend and fresh off Smile

Julita.89

Back to top Go down

The African continent is amazing! Grade 8 Empty Re: The African continent is amazing! Grade 8

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down